If you were unable to tune in for our Market Update live, watch the recording above.
Please click here and refer to the related tab of this article to access the slide deck.
Our CEO, Shubha Dasgupta, takes us through the weekly Market Update in this session. He kicks off the meeting with Prime Lenders and Alt Lenders rate updates. In March, Canada’s annual inflation rate surged to 6.7%, a new 31-year record and a higher figure than financial analysts had expected. Being the highest inflation rate since 1991.
Interest rates are rebounding to what they were pre covid, the sky is NOT falling. CMHC expects homeownership affordability will decline, with the growth in prices expected to outpace income growth. Mortgage rates are expected to rise as monetary policy tightens to return current elevated inflation rates to targeted levels.
Housing Market Spring 2022 Report – CMHC
March Employment Data – Stats Canada
Rising Interests Rates A Gamechanger For Canada’s Housing Market- RBC Economics
Ontario to allow buyers to see all bids on real estate sales, but only if the seller agrees
Social Media Content
Up and Coming Industry Events
Canadian Morgage Awards – April 28th
- Avison Young Award for Broker of the Year – Commercial – MCommercial Michel Durand
- The Canadian Mortgages Inc. Award for Broker of the Year – Private Lending – Araz Khalili Pineapple Financial
- Young Achiever of the Year – The Mortgage Coach – April Williams
- HomeEquity Award For National Broker Network of the Year – Pineapple
Mortgage Awards of Excellence – May 10th
- Community Service Award: Shubha Dasgupta
- Best Commercial Mortgage Brokerage of the Year – Michel Durand MCommercial
- Best Media Marketing Campaign of the Year – Pineapple
- Best Product or Innovation Award – MyPineapple
- Digital Innovation in a Brokerage
Ottawa Office Launch party – April 27th