If you were unable to tune in for our Market Update live, watch the recording above.
Please click here and refer to the related tab of this article to access the slide deck.
In this session, our CEO, Shubha Dasgupta, takes us through the weekly Market Update. He kicks off the meeting with rate updates for Prime Lenders and Alt Lenders. “We expect the growth in prices, sales levels, and housing starts to moderate from recent highs, but remain elevated in 2022,” said Bob Dugan, Chief Economist for CMHC in the report.
The falling prices are consistent with the recently released Housing Market Outlook (HMO) from CMHC, which forecasts that Canada’s real estate market will moderate from historic highs experienced in 2021. Remember we were up 50% in 2 years, even a 30% drop brings us back to 2020 historically high levels.
Social Media Content
Up and Coming Industry Events
Mortgage Awards of Excellence – May 10th
- Community Service Award: Shubha Dasgupta
- Best Commercial Mortgage Brokerage of the Year – Michel Durand MCommercial
- Best Media Marketing Campaign of the Year – Pineapple
- Best Product or Innovation Award – MyPineapple
- Digital Innovation in a Brokerage